Laser Gum Surgery in Matthews, NC
Why Choose the LANAP® Laser Protocol?
- Fast recovery time with minimal discomfort
- Most patients remain stable after five years
- Higher chance of reattachment of gum tissue
- Promotes bone regeneration
- Less time spent in the dental office
- Reduced risk of infection
- Decreased bleeding and inflammation
- Little to no gum recession
Half of American adults suffer from gum disease
*According to the American Academy of Periodontology https://www.perio.org/consumer/cdc-study.htm#OverlayWrapper/0/
Osseous vs. Laser Gum Surgery in Matthews, NC
If you are diagnosed with periodontal disease, you must seek treatment for gum disease as soon as possible and educate yourself on the difference between traditional gum surgery and laser surgery. Traditional surgery typically involves cutting away healthy and unhealthy gum tissue in order to eradicate the infection. Laser treatment for gum disease with the LANAP® protocol is minimally invasive when compared with traditional gum surgery because it does not require any cutting of the tissue. The laser is very safe and can target infected areas with precision.
Differences Between Traditional Gum Surgery and the LANAP® Laser Protocol
- DiscomfortTraditional surgery can be uncomfortable and may involve some downtime. Since laser treatment for gum disease is minimally invasive, most patients can get back to work immediately after their visit.
- Gum recessionTraditional surgery can cause some gum recession, as healthy tissue may be removed along with diseased tissue. LANAP® treatment only targets diseased tissue and does not contribute to gum recession.
- Healing timeLANAP® treatment boasts a fast healing time because there is no cutting or suturing of the gum tissue.
- Long term resultsLANAP® treatment provides more predictable results than other procedures and can eliminate up to 90 percent of the bacteria in the mouth after a single session.